6 foods and drinks that can stain your teeth!
- Wine: Red wine may love your heart but definitely not your teeth.
- Coffee: we all know that! if you cannot live without it, try mixing it with milk to lighten its color
- Black tea: despite having great health benefits, black tea can stain your teeth. If you are an avid consumer, try replacing black tea with green, white and herbal tea varieties.
- Cola : cola and other soft drinks, even if light-colored, are very acidic and can cause significant staining
- Berries and Dark colored fruit juices: we love them! They are loaded with antioxidants and are excellent for your overall health. However, they are too acidic and can ruin your teeth. You can always use a straw to avoid contact with your teeth and protect your enamel.
- Sauces : Soy sauce, tomato sauce, curry sauce and other deeply colored sauces cause stains
To better protect your teeth, moderation is key. Also keep in mind that brushing your teeth directly after eating might actually do more harm than good in some cases : Acidic food weakens the enamel for about 30 minutes and leaves it vulnerable to abrasion from brushing. Simply swish with water and brush your teeth later!
Disclaimer: the content posted on this page alone does not substitute medical diagnosis, advice or treatment. Seek an expert’s advice to determine if this treatment is safe, appropriate or effective for you.