Pineapple is very rich in anti-cellulite ingredients acting in different ways:
- Vitamin C : promotes collagen production and enhances skin elasticity
- Vitamin K : improves blood circulation
- Bromelain : has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce cellulite and also improve circulation.
3. BlueberriesBlueberries are rich in anthocyanins (the blue pigment that gives them their color) and vitamin C. Blueberries act on cellulite in many ways:
- Watermelon contains 92% of water that can help improve skin hydration, keeping cells functioning at peak level, plumping skin and preventing dimpling.
- Other water-rich foods with the same benefits are : cucumbers, zucchini, grapefruit, lettuce, etc.
4. EggsEggs are rich in Lecithin that regulate the nutrients entering and exiting our cells and help keep cells hydrated.You can also find lecithin in soy-based foods, peanuts or even in food supplements.5. Spinach
- Encouraging collagen fibers to link together and strengthening the connective tissue
- Helping to reduce the breakdown of collagen
- Protecting collagen from oxidative damage
Spinach is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory propreties, helping to fight cellulite. Vitamin A found in spinach also helps to increase collagen production, shich helps strengthen, smooth and plump the skin, reducing the appearance of cellulite
6. Oily fish
Fish is an excellent source of amino-acids needed for the production of collagen and elastin – important for firmer and younger skin. Aminoacids are also needed to build muscle, which along with fat loss, improves the appearance of cellulite. Oily fish are also rich in healthy fats (Omega 3) that improve blood vessels health and reduce the appearance of cellulite by keeping the cells well hydrated.
Cooked tomatoes and tomato paste contain high levels of Lycopene.
Lycopene is a potent anti-oxidant that can help improve the appearance of the skin by preventing the breakdown of collagen hence preserving the structure and elasticity of the skin. Collagen acts as a barrier that stops the fat cells from reaching the top layer of the skin and causing cellulite
Flaxseed oil is rich in good fats (omega 3 and omega 6) that help hydrating the cells by drawing water into dehydrated cells.
9. Brazil nuts
Brazil nuts are rich in Selenium that helps achieve a healthy skin by protecting skin quality and elasticity.
Other sources of selenium are Tuna, lobster and crabs.
10. White tea
White tea helps reduce the breakdown of elastin and collagen, which helps keep the skin smooth and firm and prevents the out-pouching of underlying fat cells. White tea also has great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.